Followers

Sunday, April 4, 2010

An Open Email from Rebecca

In the year 2010 I can hereby witness that miracles still happen, because I have just received a huge one!

Hello to all! I am doing fine! It took several days just to get my bearings (I’m not sure I have them yet). I am resting and recuperating at my sister’s house outside of Guadalajara.

Sorry for the form letter approach, but I want to respond to each and every one of you quickly, so I felt this was the best way.

I want to thank all of you who stuck with my sister and kept her strong and vigilant during this ordeal. She would bring me emails from you to inspire me (actually smuggle them in as there were restrictions on the amount of written material and letters I could be allowed to have!). Many of you I’ve never met face to face, yet I feel a bond to you for your compassion in reaching out and believing in someone you never knew either.

As I have said frequently over the four years, I felt like Alice down the rabbit hole, where no one could reach me or hear me. My distorted voice crying out for help, yet on the other side, no one could hear me, or maybe they could hear something, but couldn’t figure out what it was.

Your prayers and thoughts were heard and answered last Sunday when the judge admitted and decreed that after 4 years and 29 tomes (about 5000 pages), there was not sufficient evidence to hold me. And this was the same judge that sentenced me in April of 2008! God bless him for having the courage to change his position.

I have been greatly blessed in ways that I can’t really even describe and it brings tears to my eyes to just think about them.

I miss my family in the US and will be reuniting with them in the short run. In the long run, I feel like a newborn baby with all of the potential that new life brings! Who knows

what my life has in store for me now? I know this. I will have a big job ahead of me piecing my life back together, but I intend to make it a new and improved version.

I truly want to stay in touch with you, my friends and supporters. One thing I learned in prison and it is an old adage: “It’s when you are in trouble that you find out who your friends really are.” I am happy to include you in my circle of friends.

I will write more, later.

With much heartfelt thanks and best wishes to you all,

Rebecca

No comments: